Data-corruption bug in VIA chipsets

From: Dennis Bjorklund (db@zigo.dhs.org)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 03:00:32 EST

Here might be one of the resons for the trouble with VIA chipsets:

Some DMA error corrupting data, sounds like a really nasty bug. The
information is minimal on that page.

I just bought one of these babies and I should probably return it
directly. I have seven days to return it and get my money back. I have not
even opened the box yet.

They seems to think they can correct it by some bios updates, but who
knows what that fix might be. Maybe they turn of DMA alltogether
(hopefully not).

If anybody knows more about it I'm very interested.

--
/Dennis