more via wierdness

From: Ed Tomlinson (tomlins@cam.org)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 00:09:52 EST

Hi,

Strange thing that shows up here. Using a MB with a MVP3
chipset I have
hda - 13G udma2
hdb - nothing physical but the driver does not always agree
hdc - cdrom udma2 sometimes...
hdd - HP Colorada 20GB tape dma - sometimes...

I say sometimes for the devices ide1 since what /proc/ide/via
and hdparm (used only for info) report changes boot to boot.

Why is this happening? I am using ac5 but have observed this
for a while. Note that everything seem to work fine in both
cases (PIO or DMA)...

What else would help debuging this?

Ed Tomlinson <tomlins@cam.org>