Re: Help with Fasttrack/100 Raid on Linux

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 23:01:46 EST

Stephen,

Just telling me this fact is preaching to the choir, you have to express
this on the mailing list, so others can hear first hand that you dislike
the product and their support is non-existant.

You will get no support for kernels that are not precompiled with distros,
that will be a fact. They have ne desire or intention to support linux.
Instead of accepting help, the patronize.

The insult the global linux community with phrases like: 'we are more
concerned with quality and compatablity, than to runs to market...'

Yet they have yet to follow the programming rules of modules, including
the basics of spinlocks/semephores/queue-locks.

So great icon of compatablity with the other os, is vaporware.
You should not trust that their driver will protect you other OS if you
access under Linux. I expect it to eat and damage it just like you are
seeing you Linux partitions being eaten.

Sorry, but http://www.linux-ide.org/ clearly states that nothing below a
given line supports hardware/bios-soft raid.

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development