Re: Problem with 2.4.1/2.4.3 and CD-RW ide-scsi drive

From: Tim Meushaw (meushaw@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:16:47 EST

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 09:32:40PM -0400, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> At the risk of Jens jumping on this post, I think
> there was some problem mounting cdroms that is
> fixed in the "ac" series, the latest of which is
> 2.4.3-ac5 . Perhaps you could try it and report
> back.

Okay, I'll give that a try, probably testing it on Saturday, and will
give the results of it. I'd be also interested to see if it works with
those fixes or not.

> The fact that you can write a cd (which does not
> involve the sr driver) means that the rest of the SCSI
> subsystem and the ide-scsi driver seem to be working
> ok. I doubt that this is a problem with the mount
> command.

That's good to hear at least. :-) It did seem like ide-scsi was
working fine, given every other operation I could think of other than
mount was working perfectly.

Thanks for the reply! I'll make sure to say if 2.4.3-ac5 affects things
any.

Tim

--
Timothy A. Meushaw