Re: [kbuild-devel] Re: CML2 1.0.0 release announcement

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 11:51:35 EST

Steven Cole <elenstev@mesatop.com> said:

[...]

> It would seem to me that if someone is using an older and slower machine
> to build a kernel, they are probably doing this somewhat infrequently,
> and the longer build process, although more painful for those few users,
> should be endurable if it is indeed infrequent.

Please stop a moment and _think_.

There are people out there that have got a P/90 or less, or just a Sun IPX,
no network access (or slow phone lines at high prices). That _you_ have a
dual P3/733 doesn't help them one bit, now does it.

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl