Re: [kbuild-devel] Re: CML2 1.0.0 release announcement

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 08:12:23 EST

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Steven Cole wrote:

> Excuse me, but this seems to be something of a red herring.
> Adding seconds or tens of seconds at this time on 2001 hardware will
> seem very moot by the time 2.5/2.6 is at the point 2.4.x is now.

Adding tens of seconds per build is not acceptable when you're building
a lot of kernels each day.

The beginning of this thread showed a 15 second stall on an Athlon 800,
vs a 1 second startup for the old system. The point now is that
Eric _is_ working on improving the performance. (Which was probably
in another post you missed).

> If you haven't seen my posts here before, I just joined this list last night.

Find a list archive, read the beginning of the thread.

regards,

Dave.