Re: [kbuild-devel] Re: CML2 1.0.0 release announcement

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain (chastain@cygnus.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 15:56:19 EST

I like mconfig, but I like CML2 better.

My primary reason is that ESR has more time to work on CML2 than I do
on mconfig. And speed problems are often the easiest problems to solve.

Eric did some performance analysis. If I recall correctly, all but 1
or 2 seconds of CML2's runtime is in the parser. He has rewritten the
parser once. Maybe someone needs to rewrite it again, maybe propagate
some changes into the language spec to make it easier to parse, maybe
rewrite from Python to C.

Michael