Re: Still IRQ routing problems with VIA

From: Axel Thimm (Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 14:56:34 EST

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 05:11:42PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> "Manuel A. McLure" wrote:
> > Jeff Garzik said...
> > > Changing '#undef DEBUG' to '#define DEBUG 1' in
> > > arch/i386/kernel/pci-i386.h is also very helpful. Can you guys do so,
> > > and post the 'dmesg -s 16384' results to lkml? This includes the same
> > > information as dump_pirq, as well as some additional information.
> > Here's my dmesg output - I tried with both PNP: Yes and PNP: No and the
> > dmesg outputs were exactly the same modulo a Hz or two in the processor
> > speed detection.

We are having the same observation here, PNP yse or no does not change dmesg
output of 2.4.x.

> Thanks. I'm building a database of these. There is definitely an issue
> with Via and interrupt routing. Hopefully I can collate this data soon and
> figure out what's going on. I need to find some Via hardware for myself,
> too, since I only have an old Via-based laptop which works 100% ;-)

O.K., here are three further dmesg outputs of the same 2.4.3 kernel
configuration (yes ""|make config) [Thanks to Jens and David!].

Two MSI K7T Pro2A boards (my first report was a MSI K7T Turbo board with
KT133A):
    dmesg.David.msi-k7t-pro2a.log.gz
    dmesg.Silke.msi-k7t-pro2a.log.gz
An Asus A7V Board: