Re: Bug report: tcp staled when send-q != 0, timers == 0.

From: Eugene B. Berdnikov (berd@elf.ihep.su)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 13:50:51 EST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 08:35:51PM +0400, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> To get this on new socket you should leave session idle for >2hours
> until the first keeplaive. After this it will never probe under
> any curcumstances. The bug was that keepalive corrupts state of timer
> and probe0 timer is not started after this.

 Maybe. However, I did not understand, have you any reasonable explanation
 how can I get such a socket. Indeed, I have been dealing with active
 connection: I traced a squid redirector at a peak time of users web
 activity. Several lines of log per second. That's why I was surprised
 when this window become frozen.

 If your model does not cover such situation, pls, take it in mind. :)

--
 Eugene Berdnikov