Re: Few Qs regarding COMPAQ Proliant 6500

From: Ryan Butler (rbutler@adiis.net)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 08:42:43 EST

Mario Mikocevic wrote:

>> Any pointers ? Patches to apply ?
>

> Don't you people hate to followup yourself ..
>
> Anyway it's updated RH70 on 2.4.3 kernel !

You didn't mention what type of 6500 it is? PPro? PII? PIII? How man
processors installed?

We use almost exclusively proliants where I work, most 3000's, but we do
have a 6500 that is a quad PPro 200. I have spoke with Compaq and they
didn't believe there was any driver
for the LCD screen nor were they going to contribute to one (this was
about a year ago.)

The 6500 also used to freeze up a lot under NT4, but since switching to
linux we have experienced no ill effects with it.

Ryan Butler
ADI Internet Solutions
rbutler@adiis.ent