Re: Let init know user wants to shutdown

From: John R Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 23:23:54 EST

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:05:13AM -0700, Grover, Andrew wrote:
> This is not correct, because we want the power button to be configurable.
> The user should be able to redefine the power button's action, perhaps to
> only sleep the system. We currently surface button events to acpid, which
> then can do the right thing, including a shutdown -h now (which I assume
> notifies init).

Just today a friend saw my box shutdown via the powerbutton and
wondered if he coudln't set his up to trigger a different event
(actually two: he wanted his sister - the guilty party - zapped,
and a webcam shot of her face to prove it)...

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
¿Como meterán los cacahuetes dentro de la cáscara?