Re: OOPS when switching consoles while closing X.

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 09:10:31 EST

Matt Johnston wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've had a semi-reproducable oops with the kernel. It happens when I'm
> shutting down X (Xfree86 4.02 cvs), while it is closing all open apps (KDE
> 2.1.1 cvs). I switch to a text console (ctrl-alt-F2 etc), and it crashes
> almost as soon as the text console is there.

Someone is calling console functions from interrupt context.
Unfortunately your backtrace looks wrong. Could you
please rerun ksymoops and send me the output? Make
sure you're using the correct System.map (ksymoops -m).

It should be pretty straightforward to fix. While we're there
we'll do something about do_SAK(), which is acquiring the
tasklist_lock from interrupt context. For heaven's sake.