What is 2.4 Linux networking performance like compared to BSD?

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 18:26:20 EST

I have a client that wants to implement a webcache, but is very leery of
implementing it on Linux rather than BSD.

They know that iMimic's polymix performance on Linux 2.2.* is half what it is on
BSD. Has the Linux 2.4 networking code caught up to BSD?

Can I tell them not to worry about the Linux networking code strangling their
webcache product's performance, or not?

Hans