Re: Massive Corruption

From: MC_Vai (
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 12:18:56 EST

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:50:16AM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> There is a tool called gpart which will search a disk for filesystem
> headers and such, and will optionally re-build your partition table
> (if it is corrupted). You should give it a try.

        I will thanks, but I must say that I did already
        rewrite the partition table.
        i.e., I wrote in a paper the values of my previous
        partition table, then I delete all the linux
        partitions and finally I rewrote them again (with
        the same values it had). But it doesn't work =-(

        But I'm gonna try with gpart and I'll tell you if
        it works.

        Thank you.

To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Wed Feb 28 2001 - 21:00:14 EST