nividia fb 0.9.0?

From: Robert Holmberg (robert.holmberg@helsinki.fi)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 10:45:58 EST

I saw version 0.9.0 of the nvidia fb driver floating around on the nvidia
for linux mailing list some time ago. I tried it and liked it, it was A LOT
faster and seemingly bug-free. I decided to wait for it to get integrated
into the kernel. Time has gone by, the linux-nvidia archives are down and
no-one seems to have submitted this patch, despite the fact that there was
some talk about who should do it on the linux-nvidia-list. Has anyone tried
to submit this? Otherwise I have it right here, not in patch format, but as
a tar file including all files in the riva directory.

fbdev.c lists changes by Jindrich Makovicka: accel code help, hw cursor,
mtrr support.

There was a minor bugfix patch to this one as well, I think it's applied to
my version since the version number is 0.9.0jm2, but I can't recall for
sure.

I don't know if I could make a correct patch, since one filename
seems to have changed from nv_local.h to nv4ref.h, and the official
kernel version has some changes made after ths version was released
(in November I think).

I'm putting the file up here in case someone wants to make a patch out of
it and submit it to Linus:

http://www.helsinki.fi/~rahholmb/rivafb-0.9.0jm2.tar.gz (35Kb)

Please cc to me, I'm not on the list.

Robert.