Kernel 2.4.x and 2.4.1-preX - Higher latency then 2.2.x kernels?

From: Shawn Starr (Shawn.Starr@Home.net)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 14:50:16 EST

It it just me or does it seem that 2.4.x has some latency problems?

It just seems that since using 2.4 ive noticed my poor Pentium 200Mhz
slow down whether being in X or otherwise. It just seems that the system
is sluggish.

I am using the new ReiserFS filesystem and I do know its still in heavy
development perhaps my latency is due to this (?)

Any suggestions?

Shawn.