2.4.0-prerelease problems (it corrupted my ext2 filesystem)

From: Vedran Rodic (vedran@renata.irb.hr)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 07:15:07 EST

Hi

I was using 2.4.0-prerelease without extra patches and I experienced some
heavy (ext2) file system corruption. I was grabbing some video using bttv at
the time. Kernel didn't oops, but processess just started terminating.

Here is a the interesting part from my logs:

Bad swap file entry 5c5b6256
VM: killing process qtvidcap
swap_free: Trying to free nonexistent swap-page
last message repeated 23 times
swap_free: Trying to free swap from unused swap-device
swap_free: Trying to free nonexistent swap-page
last message repeated 266 times
Bad swap file entry 272c2e24
VM: killing process pppd
swap_free: Trying to free nonexistent swap-page
last message repeated 30 times

Vedran Rodic