New discoveries in the EEPro100 init saga

From: Udo A. Steinberg (sorisor@Hell.WH8.TU-Dresden.De)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 04:03:05 EST

Hi all,

After enabling the option "EEPRO100_PM" and upgrading to test13-pre4
my problems with the eepro100 driver mysteriously ceased to exist.
I no longer see any "Card reports no RX buffers" or "Card reports no
resources" messages.

Since I don't think -pre4 changed anything from -pre3 that would
affect the eepro100 driver, my bet is that enabling the experimental
power management feature somehow works around the issue.

Can others who've had similar problems check if that works for them
as well? If it does, it should be somewhat simple to work out what
the problem actually is, because the PM code is just a couple dozen
lines.

Merry X-mas!

-Udo.