Re: usb + smp + 2.4.0test = pci irq routing problem?

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 00:42:45 EST

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 02:06:12PM -0500, Pete Toscano wrote:
> hello,
>
> i've been working with johannes erdfelt in fixing a problem with usb
> on my machine. it's a dual pentium 3 system on a tyan tiger 133 mobo
> (via apollo pro 133a chipset). basically, usb works when i don't
> enable smp or when i disable apic on smp-enabled kernels. he believes
> that we're seeing a pci irq routing problem and that i should contact
> martin mares about this problem. (i've written him a couple times,
> but have heard nothing, so i figure he's either away, busy, or whatnot
> and i thought i'd try lkml for help.)

I have this same exact motherboard (graciously donated by someone for me
to try to help solve this problem) and the same exact problem.

I don't have any shared interrupts, but the USB subsystem is not getting
any interrupts through to it.

Attached is my kernel startup log with DEBUG enabled in pci.c. This is
for 2.4.0-test12 as I haven't seen any pci changes in the test13-pre
series yet. 2.2.18 also has the same problem.

If anyone needs any other information, or can suggest anything else,
please let me know.

thanks,

greg k-h

--