Re: QLogicFC problems with 2.4.x?

From: Matthew Jacob (mjacob@feral.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 12:50:23 EST

It does, but 2.4 alpha hasn't quite worked for me (the latest matrix of
support for LINUX is below- and I haven't passed Michael Declerck's testing
yet). I'll be checking the latest alpha bits this week some time and I still
also need to finish the kernel thread work that will allow loop events to be
down OOB.

Linux Notes

2.0/2.1/2.3 support dropped. 2.0 support will be added back later, but
basically, it'll be 2.0/2.2/2.4 only support.

NOTE: SOME CHANGES ARE NOW REQUIRED IN A DEFAULT KERNEL BECAUSE WE NEED
NOTE: SOME EXTRA SYMBOLS EXPORTED. SEE LINUX_BUILD INSTRUCTIONS.
NOTE: AT THIS TIME YOU MUST BOOT 2.4/i386 WITH nmi_watchdog=0
NOTE: APPENDED TO THE BOOT COMMAND LINE.

NOTE: TARGET MODE IS BROKEN IN LINUX RIGHT NOW

This release has been tested agains:

        Alpha 2.2.17 [1]
        IA-32 2.2.17 2.4.0-test11
        PowerPC 2.2.17 [2]
        Sparc64 2.2.17 2.4.0-test11

There are now patches agains 2.2.17 and 2.4.0-test11 in the linux subdirectory.
Or you can build as a module in place in the linux directory. See
LINUX_BUILD_INSTRUCTIONS.

[1] 2.4.0-test11 panic'd and crashed and burned in readw for me. I think
that this is a known alpha arch problem at this time, so I'm going to wait
until 'they' fix it.
[2] I can't find a complable 2.4 for PPC at the time of test1.