Re: test13-pre3

From: Dieter Nützel (Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 19:58:17 EST

> List: linux-kernel
> Subject: Re: test13-pre3 woes
> From: Peter Samuelson <peter@cadcamlab.org>
> Date: 2000-12-18 9:19:13
> [Download message RAW]
>

> [J Sloan]
> > The module now compiles and gets installed -
> > Unfortunately, attempting to load it does not go well:
> >
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol remap_page_range
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol __wake_up
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol mtrr_add
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_from_user
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol schedule
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol kmalloc
> > kernel/drivers/char/drm/tdfx.o: unresolved symbol si_meminfo
>
> Those symbols are rather generic and rather important. Sounds like a
> generic module problem. Do other modules load? Does your kernel use
> MODVERSIONS? (This module apparently doesn't.) Are you using a recent
> version of modutils?
>
> Puzzled. Maybe Keith Owens knows something.
>
> Peter

I got this, too. The one liner send here on lkm seems to be not enough. Even
Alan's ac1/2 did not do the trick. The 'new' Linux makefile changes brake
this stuff. It works before these changes.
So Rik any comments?

Thanks,
        Dieter

--
Dieter Nützel
Graduate Student, Computer Science

University of Hamburg Department of Computer Science Cognitive Systems Group Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30 D-22527 Hamburg, Germany