QLogicFC problems with 2.4.x?

From: Peter Rival (frival@zk3.dec.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 16:24:38 EST

Hi,

   I was just lent a QLogic ISP2200 FC adapter and have been having a
bear of a time trying to get it to work on my Alpha ES40 and GS80. I've
tried both the qlogicfc (with standard kernel) and qla2x00 (from QLogic
and Compaq) driver both built-in and as modules but neither of them are
working. Has anyone had success with later (I'm using 2.4.0-test11) 2.4
kernels and the QLogic FC adapter? I'm currently plugged into a Brocade
switch (Plaides I, I believe) which is also attached to two pair of
HSG80 FC RAID controllers. AFAIK, the 2200 is supposed to work with an
FC fabric, so this should work, right? Can anyone offer any
assistance? Thanks!

  - Pete