Re: 8139too problem in 2.2.18

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 18:48:37 EST

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:31:28 -0500 (EST),
John Covici <covici@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
>Hi. I have a RealTech 8139 Ethernet card and I am using kernel
>2.2.18. I tried to use the new driver 8139too as a module, but when
>doing an insmod or modprobe on the module I got "symbol forparameter
>debug not found". There was nothing obvious in the module source, so
>any assistance would be appreciated.

The module has MODULE_PARM(debug) but debug is not defined. Strictly
speaking the module should be fixed by Alan Cox has asked for modutils
to only issue a warning instead of an error for this type of bug.
modutils 2.3.23 has just been released with this change.