Re: IDE bugs for intel 440LX chipset in Test12?

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 16:31:20 EST

Anyone with a PIIX4,PIIX4AB,PIIX4EB has a hardware bug.
If many of the chipset makers followed and reverse engineered their stuff
against that bug then ths explains all of the timeout issues.

I am working on a fix, but do not have one yet.

Cheers,

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, safemode wrote:

> All I can say right now is that enabling DMA on a 440LX chipset with
> 2.4.0-test12 or any other kernel I can remember has caused DMA timeout
> and ide-reset problems. Disabling dma on the harddrives doesn't help
> that much either, I still get ide resets. What I'm looking for right
> now is some information on how to log what the kernel recieves from the
> harddrive and possibly what it sends so I can give rik some better
> information on what's going on in this chipset. Thanks.
>
> -

Andre Hedrick
CTO Timpanogas Research Group
EVP Linux Development, TRG