Re: USB-related Oops in test12

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 02:09:08 EST

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:37:29 +0100,
Ingo Oeser <ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
>> Trace; c01091d8 <cpu_idle+38/50>
>
>> Trace; c0105000 <empty_bad_page+0/1000>
>> Trace; c0100191 <L6+0/2>
>
>Once again we have these two symbols on the stack.

Probably spurious. Remember that ix86 show stack prints anything that
looks like a kernel address, whether it is a real return address or
not, you can get false positives. kdb goes to a _lot_ more work to get
a more accurate backtrace and even that sometimes goes wrong. Always
assume that any address on an ix86 oops might be irrelevant.

In this case L6 is the return address from start_kernel. start_kernel
ends up calling cpu_idle. Everything above cpu_idle will be the
interrupt handler, ignore anything below cpu_idle.