Re: Test12 ll_rw_block error.

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 20:12:36 EST

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Jeff Chua wrote:

> > Now, I also agree that we should be able to clean this up properly for
> > 2.5.x, and actually do exactly this for the anonymous buffers, so that
> > the VM no longer needs to worry about buffer knowledge, and fs/buffer.c
> > becomes just another user of the writepage functionality. That is not
> > all that hard to do, it mainly just requires some small changes to how
>
> Why not incorporate this change into 2.4.x?

It might be 10 lines of change, and obviously correct.

And it might not be. If somebody wants to try out the DirtyPage approach
for buffer handling, please do so. I'll apply it if it _does_ turn out to
be as small as I suspect it might be, and if the code is straightforward
and obvious.

If not, we're better off leaving it for 2.5.x

                Linus