Unable to boot 2.4.0-test12 (0224 AX:0212 BX:BC00 CX:5101 DX:000.)

From: infernix (infernix@infernix.nl)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 20:01:04 EST

Hi,

After compiling 2.4.0-test12 on my (P2-266, 440LX) Debian 2.2 system (make
bzdisk), i am unable to boot the kernel. When I boot up with the floppy
disk, I do get the Loading...... screen (I think it does load completely),
but afterwards I get this error:

0224
AX:0212
BX:BC00
CX:5101
DX:000.

This error keeps repeating itself. It seems that it keeps reading the boot
floppy every time it prints the error, because the floppy drive light is on,
and when I remove the floppy the error prints faster. At first I thought the
diskette was to blame. However, testing several different diskettes,
including ones I boot earlier 2.2.x kernels on, the problem kept occurring.
The BX and CX values differed though (BX:7400 and CX:5001).

Then, I thought it was ACPI. So I compiled without ACPI, but that didn't
help eiter. I couldn't find any useful info on the list, nor on any search
engine (+kernel +boot +"0224").

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,