Re: Is this a compromise and how?

From: brian@worldcontrol.com
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 18:44:16 EST

Thanks for all the reponses.

I happened to have /home in its own partition, so I reinstalled from
scratch via CD and installed all the security updates, among a
myriad of other security measures.

I decided not to restore /usr/local from backups, but instead to
rebuild everything in /usr/local from fresh sources.

All those executables and shared libraries in /usr/local just seemed
to risky.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>