RE: Linus's include file strategy redux

From: LA Walsh (law@sgi.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 16:36:41 EST

---
	If someone wants to restructure headers, that's fine.  I was only
trying to understand the confusingly stated intentions of Linus.  I
was attempting to fit into those intentions, not change the world.

> > Any other solution, as I see it, would break existing module code. > > Hmm, I think what I've outlined above wouldn't break more code than > your approach. Obviously, modiles currently using "private" interfaces > are in trouble either way. --- You've misunderstood. My approach would break *nothing*.

If module-public include file includes a private, it would still work since 'sys' would be a directory under 'include/linux'. No new links need be added, needed or referenced. Thus nothing breaks.