Re: test13-pre1 changelog

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 13:08:27 EST

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Sparc is already sync'ed in my tree, and I'd love for other architectures
> > to synch up too (but if it takes a while it's not a major disaster - I
> > actually much prefer bugs that cause build failures over other kinds of
> > bugs ;).
>
> So you want drivers/gsc again ? I assumed you dropped it as you didnt want
> more port code.

I really dropped it because I was getting too many patches, and I don't
realistically think it's a 2.4.0 issue (neither do you, I bet), so I
decided that it's not worth it.

By "I'd love for other architectures to synch up" I really only meant the
Makefile issue - but the hppa thing is pretty much moot as not all of the
code has made it into the kernel yet, so even if the Makefiles were
updated it still wouldn't be "ready".

(Looking at the parisc makefiles the changes to update them to new-style
looks rather small. Not a big issue).

                Linus