Anyone having trouble compiling test13-pre1?

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 01:44:03 EST

I'm having some problems with unresolved symbols in my modules with
test13-pre1. This worked just fine before, and the symbols are all stuff
that I'm sure it there.

It looks like the modules were compiled for non-versioned symbols, while my
kernel uses versioned symbols. The modules are looking for things like
daemonize, kmalloc, try_inc_mod_count, and other things I'd fully expect to
be there. /proc/ksyms shows them as __VERSIONED_SYMBOL(daemonize), so I'm
not sure what to expect.

And yes, I'm running modutils 2.3.18. Is anyone else seeing this, or am I
insane?

Matt

P.S. The test13-pre1 is still compiling (and installing modules, etc) as
2.4.0-test12.

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

Pitr! That's brilliant! Funded by Microsoft refunds. What sweet irony! -- A.J. User Friendly, 2/15/1999