Linux 2.4.0-test11/12 freezes when copying large amounts of data to loop file system

From: Gerard Beekmans (gerard@linuxfromscratch.org)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 14:55:59 EST

Hi,

Every time I try to copy a specific directory to a mounted loop file system,
Linux freezes up on me. I've tried this several times and it freezes up at
the same place every time. When I copy that same directory to a regular file
system everything is ok.

This happens on 2.4.0 test11 and test12 kernels. I've tried a test8 kernel
previously and it didn't have this problem. Is this a known issue and if so,
is there a patch available somewhere?

PS: as im not on this list please CC a reply to me.

Thanks,

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org