recursive exports && linux nfs

From: Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 04:36:53 EST

Hi ;)

I am trying to export the whole filesystem hierarchy on one of my servers
(this includes /fs, which is an automounted directory using autofs).

Now I have two problems:

1) exporting: exportfs does not really exports filesystems that are
   not present when exportfs is being called (some of my filesystems
   are only available temporarily). Also, exportfs of course forces the mount
   of all filesystems that are mountable, which can take considerable time.

2) using: I can do cd /nfs/fs, but the directoy is always empty, and when I
   try to step into a subdirectory I always get "No such file or directory".

I am using linux-2.2.18, nfsv3 + nfs-utils-0.2.1.

Thanks a lot for any insights, even if this means "this is not supported"
;)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|