OOPS when using 4GB memory setting

From: Rainer Mager (rmager@vgkk.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 20:31:44 EST

Hi all,

        About 1 month back I reported a problem with getting OOPs when running with
a kernel compiled with the 4GB memory setting. Since then I've finally
managed to get the ksymoops results. Where should I post them?

        To review:

        My machine has 1GB RAM. If I build a 2.4.0test11 (or 8, 9, or 10 I haven't
tried earlier) kernel and chose the 1GB memory setting then only 900504 K is
detected (but everything runs stably). If I chose the 4GB memory setting
then the full 1 GB is detected but I get oops. I can reliably force an oops
by mounting a samba drive and then accessing it (via ls for example).

--Rainer