Re: [Fwd: NTFS repair tools]

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 11:11:20 EST

jalvo@mbay.net (John Alvord) said:

[...]

> If this was a business, and we were knowingly distributing software
> that was known to be dangerous, we would probably be risking legal
> action.

Debatable. It is marked EXPERIMENTAL and DANGEROUS, and not enabled by
default.

> Why are we distributing such severely broken software? Heck, we seem
> reluctant to include reiserfs, a pretty high quality, supported file
> system. And we continue to distribute this !@#$%... There must be some
> strange agenda going on to limit the use of Linux.

It is just that NTFS has been in the kernel for ages, and rotted. Nobody
has taken the time to remove it (would be a lot less than what has been
wasted up to now discussing the matter here...).

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616