Re: Pthreads, linux, gdb, oh my! (fwd)

From: Peter Berger (peterb@telerama.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 10:15:08 EST

.

> It looks like a GDB bug. GDB contains code to recognize when the
> "pthreads" shared library has been loaded. When this happens, it sets
> itself up to properly handle threads (including setting up correct
> SIG32 signal handling). If you trick GDB into thinking "pthreads"
> hasn't been loaded and set the SIG32 stuff up yourself, like so:
[elided]

Kevin,

This sure looks like it -- I was able to get it working using your
technique. Thank you! It is a relief to know that this was just an
application layer issue rather than something deeper.

My apologies for soaking up cycles on linux-kernel for what turned out to be
a non-kernel issue -- but a big THANKS to everyone that helped track the
problem down -- let me know the next time you're in Pittsburgh, and I'll buy
you a beer (or the beverage of your choice).

-p