Re: java (and possibly other threaded apps) hanging in rt_sigsuspend

From: Frank de Lange (frank@unternet.org)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 08:32:08 EST

> Can you reproduce this without strace?
>
> I only see this problem when I run with 'strace -f' and java wants to
> exit (apart from that java works correctly). I don't see the dependency
> on the heap size here.

Yes, I only started using strace when the problem became apperent. Java 1.3.0
does NOT start with any maximum heap size value lower than 49 Mb (java -Xmx48mb
will stall, java -Xmx49m will start). The javaplugin for mozilla also fails to start in a similar fashion.

(cc'd to the l-k list)

Cheers//Frank

--
 ## o o\    /     Frank de Lange     \