How to programatically determine if policy-based routing is compiled into the kernel?

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 02:44:39 EST

I have a product that is dependent on policy-based (source routing)
and would like to be able to scream loudly at install and startup if
policy-based routing is not enabled in the kernel.

Is there some way to determine this? Specifically, I'd love
a way to find out through the /proc system, but an ioctl or
similar call would be OK. I'd even settle for some other tool,
like 'ip', if I could just figure out what commands to tell it.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)  http://www.candelatech.com
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)