Re: All INNOMINATE linux-list feeds are now killed...

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 12:15:37 EST

In article <3A2E3FB5.3993FE29@innominate.com>,
Juri Haberland <juri.haberland@innominate.com> wrote:
>Rik van Riel wrote:
>>
>> Could you make it a one-way list this time?
>> These two-way lists always give horrible problems
>> and I would hate to killfile all of innominate ;)
>
>Allright, I think we have choice :-/
>Sorry again...

At ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/software/cistron-m2n-1.36.tar.gz
you'll find some gatewaying software that is unidirectional, yet
bidirectional ;)

It works by marking the groups as moderated. A posting to the group
will be sent by mail to the moderator, which is a script that
checks and rewrites the news message, and sends it to the list.

That way it's almost impossible for loops to get created.

Mike.