Re: PCI irq routing..

From: Kai Germaschewski (kai@thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 18:25:43 EST

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> WHY this happens is unclear, but it could be several reasons:
> - undocumented "Plug'n'Play OS true behaviour"
> - BIOS bugs. 'nuff said.
> - warm-booting from an OS that _does_ set the interrupt routing,
> and also sets the PCI config space thing

It's not the last reason here, i.e. it happens when cold booting into
Linux (and when warm booting from Linux into Linux). I could try warm
booting from Win98, however, if anybody cares. BTW: Win98 crashes while
booting when PnP OS is set to no (Linux works flawlessly, though).

> Adam, Kai, can you verify that it fixes the issues on your systems?

It works fine here - thanks again.

--Kai