Re: Nightly usb oops

From: Greg KH (greg@wirex.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 12:02:39 EST

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 04:12:18AM -0500, J. Nick Koston wrote:
> hub.c: already running port 3 disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...
> usb.c: USB disconnect on device 6
> hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2/3, assigned device number 11
> printer.c: usblp1: USB Bidirectional printer dev 11 if 0 alt 1
> usb.c: USB disconnect on device 11

<disconnect and reconnect repeating snipped>

Ouch! Unplug that printer! Either the printer connection is bad, or
your hub that the printer is plugged into is bad. My guess is on the
hub. Is this hub powered from an external power supply?

You also might want to try a different port on that hub to see if that
is any better.

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com