Re: Serial Console

From: Chad Schwartz (cwslist@main.cornernet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 11:03:59 EST

See, in an ideal world, that shouldn't be the case, at all.

Since we're NOT operating under the assumption that the serial console is
a modem, we should be - instead - operating under the assumption
that it is a 3-wire NULL connection. (thus, making NO assumptions about
the user's hardware..)

If the user wants to ADD RTS/CTS flow control or DCD based state checking
as an OPTION, well, hey. whatever. Pick your poison. But i sure as hell
wouldn't do it that way.

Chad