Re: [RFC-2] Configuring Synchronous Interfaces in Linux

From: Greg Parrott (gparrott@lucent.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 10:15:26 EST

I have a vested interest in how this all turns out. I own a Packet Over SONET
device driver for our OC-12 and OC-48 NICs that I currently pass all parameters
to the driver via arguments on the insmod. To avoid lengthy commands, we
provide the common defaults. We accept some basic ifconfig input, but with
SONET/SDH and chip specific items that needed to be controlled, ifconfig did not
seem the way to go.

Thanks!

Greg

--