Re: Any good reason why these is so much memory "reserved"?

From: Gábor Lénárt (lgb@viva.uti.hu)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 07:11:48 EST

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 02:40:59AM -0800, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> Gábor Lénárt writes:
> >On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 02:18:59AM -0800, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> >> Recently, I have had occasion to build a system on a floppy
> >> for a 4MB machine that we use as a router. In the past, the kernels
> >
> >I've played with this too. You can't use ramdisk easily on such a system.
> [snip]
>
> We are using such a system and have been for years.
> If you'll reread my posting, you will see that it is about relatively
> recent changes to the kernel that apparently have broken this.

Yes, I know. My goal was only to show that newer kernels has got more
memory overhead but it was easy with older kernels so I only want to
say that you mentioned: it seems to be true ...

--
 ---[ Gábor Lénárt ]----[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---[ lgb@supervisor.hu ]---
 U have 8 bit computer or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!