Re: HPT366 + SMP = slight corruption in 2.3.99 - 2.4.0-11

From: Mike Dresser (mdresser@windsormachine.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 16:51:16 EST

Agreed. I've got one of these beasts running NT Server, dual 433 non o/c,
4x12.7 gig software raid. Before i put the Promise Ultra/33 card in, i was
using the HPT366. Random lockups every couple weeks. Stopped using the
HPT366, machine is stable now. In hindsight, I think the HPT366 was the cause
of the Onstream 50 gig drive that locked up frequently too, before i shipped
that back to Onstream. One thing that did help on stability was putting a cpu
fan on the chipset.