Re: Linux for local languages - patch

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 10:14:21 EST

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 01:05:53PM +0100, Andries Brouwer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 09:32:58AM +0530, K Ratheesh wrote:
> > Even though the patch has been developed keeping Indian languages in mind,
> > I feel it will be applicable to many other languages (for eg. Chinese)
> > which require wider fonts on console or user defined parsing at I/O level.
>
> Yes, maybe. Or maybe something like this is better done in user space.
>
> > Those who want to try out this patch can send mail to me in the address
> > rathee@lantana.iitm.ernet.in or to indlinux-iitm@lantana.iitm.ernet.in
>
> Wouldnt mind seeing your patch.

Andries, I sent you a patch a couple of months ago which does enable the
support of wide characters and another font (besides the sun12x22) making
use of it. I hope it's in your codebase by now, so it does not get lost
when the advanced things of K Ratheesh get merged.

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development