Re: multiprocessor kernel problem

From: Johan Kullstam (kullstam@ne.mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 11:12:19 EST

Roger Crandell <rwc@lanl.gov> writes:

> I have 2.4.0 test 10 and test 11 installed on a multiprocessor (Intel)
> machine. I have tried both test versions of the kernel. I configured
> the kernel for single
> and multi processor. When I boot single processor, iptables will run
> fine. When I boot the machine with the multiprocessor kernel and run
> iptables, the kernel dumps several pages of hex and the final two lines
> of output are:
>
> Killing interrupt handler
> scheduling in interrupt
>
> The kernel logs nothing and you must reset the machine to bring it back
> up. I believe this is a kernel issue rather than an iptables
> issue.
>
> Does anyone have experience with iptables on a multiprocessor
> machine?

i tried it about a month back with -test11. my quad ppro simply
locked up and died when i issued "iptables -nL". i got no logs just a
freeze. perhaps only my keyboard mouse and NIC died and the rest of
the machine kept on running. i posted a couple of times to the
netfilter mailing list but got zero response.

--
J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
[kullstam@ne.mediaone.net]