Re: corruption

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 10:33:36 EST

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> It appears that this problem is not fixed.

Sure, it isn't. Place where the shit hits the fan: fs/buffer.c::unmap_buffer().
Add the call of remove_inode_queue(bh) there and see if it helps. I.e.

ed fs/buffer.c <<EOF
/unmap_buffer/
/}/i
                remove_inode_queue(bh);
.
wq
EOF

Linus, could you apply that? We are leaving the unmapped buffers on the
inode queue. I.e. every truncate_inode_pages() leaves a lot of junk around.
Now, guess what happens when we destroy the last link to inode that nobody
keeps open...