Re: Alpha SCSI error on 2.4.0-test11

From: Phillip Ezolt (ezolt@perf.zko.dec.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:26:58 EST

Ivan,
        We dug a little deeper, and think that we found the problem.

The error occurs if we have over 1024 MB of memory in the machine.
If we have less than 1024MB, the machine behaves correctly.
(This is a 600Mhz Digital Personal Workstation)

Once again, the 2.2 kernel in RH 7.0 behaves properly.

I'll give test12-pre3 a try and see if it fixes things.

Thanks,
--Phil

Compaq: High Performance Server Division/Benchmark Performance Engineering
---------------- Alpha, The Fastest Processor on Earth --------------------
Phillip.Ezolt@compaq.com |C|O|M|P|A|Q| ezolt@perf.zko.dec.com
------------------- See the results at www.spec.org -----------------------