Re: TCP push missing with writev()

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 15:15:57 EST

   Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:14:14 +0100
   From: Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>

> The problem is that if data happens to be written via method (2),
> then the PUSH flag is never set on any packets generated. This is
> a bug, surely?

   I just tried it on 2.2.17 and 2.4.0test11 and it sets PUSH for
   writev() for both cases just fine. Maybe you could supply a test
   program and tcpdump logs for what you think is wrong ?

One thing which could affect the behavior is if the Zeus
folks are futzing around with the TCP_CORK socket option.
Ben, are you guys playing with it?

Finally, are you doing these writes from a userspace program
or directly inside of a kernel module?

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com